About this Database
This database contains descriptions of all materials held by the University of Illinois Archives, incuding non-current University records, faculty and alumni papers, and materials from the Sousa Archives and Center for American Music, the Advertising Council Archives, the American Society of Quality, and other institutions whose archives we hold on contract for their research value. The American Library Association Archives are described in a separate database.
Materials are arranged according to the principle of provenance (files from one creating office or person are not mixed with those from another) and they are also indexed by subject. The Archives are available for use during the University Archives' normal business hours. We can be contacted at email@example.com
or (217) 333-0798.
- The search engine looks for every term you submit, no matter how short.
- The search engine finds descriptions of our paper-based holdings and items in our online archives.
- To look for phrases, use double quotes, e.g "Festival of Contemporary Arts"
- Record Series shortcut: e.g. '26/4/1' finds our Alumni File.
- To search deep into box/folders lists that are not in the database, follow the Deep Search link.
- Limiting 'Hits':
- Use a minus sign, e.g. 'bass -fish' finds bass guitars but not bass fishing.
- Browse by subject, name, or campus unit.
- Call or email the archives. We're here to help!