Audio-Visual Aids Service | University of Illinois Archives
0006920.jpg (JPEG Image, 64.54 KB)
Email us to request a hi-resolution copy.
Photograph of Visual Aids Service staff working among the film holdings at the University Audio-Visual Aids Service in Champaign. Originally published in the Champaign-Urbana News-Gazette, December 30, 1957.
The caption reads "5,000 PATRONS. From less than a dozen films, the University of Illinois Audio-Visual Aids Service, a part of the UI Division of University Extension, has grown to number among its regular patrons almost 5,000 school systems, civic organizations, clubs, churches, etc., throughout the world. Nominal rental and postage fees keep the service self-supporting; no tax funds are used. A portion of the present collection of 17,000-plus prints is shown above."
Found in RS 31/14/10, Box 1, Scrapbook 2, Folder 1, page 2:6
Original photo is 13.7 x 11.3 cm