Women's Dormitory | University of Illinois Archives
The English Building, formerly the Womens Dormitory. In 1937, the building was renovated into the English Building for instruction from a residential space. This building would have been a dormitory at this point. The external facade of this building is notable for its pineapple-tipped towers and neo-Georgian columns out front. This image features the building covered in snow during the winter.
Due to the volatile nature of nitrate film, the image can be found here:
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.