Altgeld Chimes Installation | University of Illinois Archives
Altgeld Chimes Installation
Featured is the hoisting of the multi-ton chimes into the Altgeld tower. A Male worker is seen at the top with a pulley system operated by 6 men below, hoisting the bells up. The chimes were a gift by the class of 1914 and were installed and dedicated in 1920.
Due to the volatile nature of nitrate film, the image can be found here:
Digital File can be found in JP_2 and TIF
University of Illinois Archives
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.