Altgeld Summer Exterior Shot | University of Illinois Archives
Featured is Altgeld Hall, built 1897 and the former home of the University library. In 1920, the Senior Memorial Chimes were dedicated on Homecoming in the top of the building as a gift from the class of 1914. When the library relocated in the 1920s, the mathematics and law schools each took half of the building. The Altgeld hall featured in this image is of that era. When the law school moved out in the 1950s, it became the permanent home of the Illinois mathematic department. The building is located at 1409 West Green Street in Urbana, Illinois.
Due to the volatile nature of nitrate film, the image can be found here:
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.