Altgeld Hall Exterior | University of Illinois Archives

Title:
Altgeld Hall Exterior
Date:
C.A. 1920s
Description:

Featured is Altgeld Hall, built 1897 and the former home of the University library. In 1920, the Senior Memorial Chimes were dedicated on Homecoming in the top of the building as a gift from the class of 1914. When the library relocated in the 1920s, the mathematics and law schools each took half of the building. The Altgeld hall featured in this image is of that era. When the law school moved out in the 1950s, it became the permanent home of the Illinois mathematic department. The building is located at 1409 West Green Street in Urbana, Illinois.

Due to the volatile nature of nitrate film, the image can be found here:

https://medusa.library.illinois.edu/cfs_files/54039066

Phys. Desc:
Digital File can be found in JP_2 and TIF
ID:
2630002_BUI_Altgeld_1
Repository:
University of Illinois Archives
Found in:
Creators:
Subjects:
Rights:

Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.

Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.



Page Generated in: 0.107 seconds (using 76 queries).
Using 6.89MB of memory. (Peak of 7.1MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign