Original Alma Mater Location | University of Illinois Archives
Original Alma Mater Location
Featured is the original location and pedestal where the Alma Mater statue was housed behind Foellinger Hall Auditorium. Image is taken from the south-east facing north-west. Alma Mater, designed by Illinois Alumnus Lorado Taft, was dedicated on June 11th, 1929, at this location before its eventual relocation to the north face of Altgeld Hall in the Summer of 1962.
Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at:
Digital File can be found in JP_2 and TIF
University of Illinois Archives
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.