Smith Memorial Hall | University of Illinois Archives

Smith Memorial Hall
C.A. 1920s

Featured is the east face and front entrance to the Tina Weedon Smith Memorial Hall. The building, Smith Hall, was built with a $250,000 donation from Civil War Veteran Thomas J. Smith. He had the building named in his wife's honor after her passing in 1903.

The building's cornerstone was laid by Smith Himself on November 9th, 1917, and the building was completed in Spring 1921. The Neo-Renaissance architecture style departed from the eventual Holabird and Roche era Georgian Revival. It was the primary music department and concert hall of the university.

The building is located at 805 S Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801

Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at:

Phys. Desc:
Digital File can be found in JP_2 and TIF
University of Illinois Archives
Found in:

Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.

Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.

Page Generated in: 0.195 seconds (using 79 queries).
Using 6.9MB of memory. (Peak of 7.11MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign