Physcis Laboratory | University of Illinois Archives

Physcis Laboratory
C.A. 1920a

Southern Face of the Physics Laboratory, now Material Sciences Building. Designed in 1907, completed in November 1909, and dedicated by Illinois governor Charles Deneen on November 26th, 1909. The physics laboratory was built with a $250,00 appropriation by the Illinois legislature to be a state-of-the-art facility.

The Physics Department left the building in the 195o's following the construction of a new physics building, and the metallurgy department moved into the building. Then, following a merger in 1987 with the ceramic engineering department, the building was renamed the Materials and Science engineering building.

The building is located at 1304 W Green St, Urbana, IL 61801

Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate film, digital copies can be found here:

Phys. Desc:
Digital File can be found in JP_2 and TIF
University of Illinois Archives
Found in:

Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.

Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.

Page Generated in: 0.128 seconds (using 76 queries).
Using 6.87MB of memory. (Peak of 7.09MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign