Old Mumford Hall (4) | University of Illinois Archives
Featured is the east-facing side of Mumford Hall. Dedicated on January 25th, 1924, as the "New Agricultural Building", Mumford Hall was opened the following fall as an instructional facility. Dean Davenport of the agricultural college and Dean Herbert W. Mumford both gave speeches at the dedication ceremony. This is the same Mumford was the eventual namesake of the building.
This building was part of the 1920's modernization of the campus with a Georgian revival architecture style designed by the Holabird and Roche company architect Charles Platt and assistant Architect, Illinois Professor, James White.
The building is located at 1301 W Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801
Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate film, digital copies can be found here:
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.