Old Mumford Hall | University of Illinois Archives

Old Mumford Hall
Spring 1931

Featured is the east-facing side of Mumford Hall. Dedicated on January 25th, 1924, as the "New Agricultural Building", Mumford Hall was opened the following fall as an instructional facility. Dean Davenport of the agricultural college and Dean Herbert W. Mumford both gave speeches at the dedication ceremony. This is the same Mumford was the eventual namesake of the building.

This building was part of the 1920's modernization of the campus with a Georgian revival architecture style designed by the Holabird and Roche company architect Charles Platt and assistant Architect, Illinois Professor, James White.

The building is located at 1301 W Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801

Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate film, digital copies can be found here:


Phys. Desc:
Digital File can be found in JP_2 and TIF
University of Illinois Archives
Found in:

Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.

Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.

Page Generated in: 0.142 seconds (using 78 queries).
Using 6.88MB of memory. (Peak of 7.09MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign