Sigma Pi House | University of Illinois Archives
While the file identifier describes the house as an unidentified fraternity, the building in the image is the former home of Sigma Pi built in 1920. Sigma Pi held the building until 1971 when it left the Illinois campus, and the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity took possession of the building. Circa 1990, the building was vacated by Kappa Alpha Psi, and it remained dormant until the university purchased the building in 1997 to be renamed the Irwin Academic Services Center. In the fall of 2007, the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics completed the expansion of the Irwin Academic Services Center. With the great continued support from the Irwin Family Foundation, this project will assist student-athletes in many academic areas. This Tudor revival inspired building is loctaed at 1700 S. Fourth Street in Champaign.
Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at:
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.