University of Illinois President's House | University of Illinois Archives
The 14,000-square-foot Georgian Revival home is both a residence for the president and family as well as a receiving point for visiting dignitaries, alumni, community groups and supporters. It was designed by University of Illinois architect James M. White and New York architect Charles A. Platt. Completed in 1931 at a cost of nearly $225,000, the current President's House has served as the official residence for the head of the University of Illinois. In this photo, final touches are being added to the exterior in 1931 before the building is ready for inhabitants.
Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at:
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.