Exterior Image of the YMCA Building | University of Illinois Archives
With construction finished in 1939, the YMCA building on South Wright Street was one of the first religious institutions given approval by the university to create a building on campus. Joining the Wesley foundation as a pre-war depression project, the building was constructed to house a ballroom and administrative offices for YMCA business. This image features four nitrate films cut and taped together to create one image.
Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at:
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. ÂÂÂPlease contact us for more information.