University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Office of Printing Services | University of Illinois Archives
The Printing Division has been considered a department of the Press since its origin in 1918.1 It received no official status until 1926, when it became necessary for the Trustees to budget the salary of the first superintendent of the INT Shop.2 Since that time, the Trustees Reports have designated this department as the INT Shop, Printing Division and Printing Operations.3,4,5 The functions of the Printing Division are internal printing and duplicating for University Departments.
The Office of Printing Services was listed in the 1978 Student-Staff Directory. It succeeded the Office of Campus Publications and Stenographic Services in the Office of Administrative Services. The 1971 Student-Staff Directory records the Printing Division as part of the Office of Campus Publications
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 29th Report, June 1, 1918, p. 747.
2. Ibid., 34th Report, July 7, 1926, p. 28.
3. Ibid., 35th Report, July 17, 1929, p. 337.
4. Ibid., 35th Report, Oct. 10, 1929, p. 399.
5. Ibid., 43rd Report, Aug. 29, 1945, p. 679.