Departmental Publications, 1964-
By series number and chronologically thereunder
Administrative History of Creating Unit
Acting on the recommendation of the Faculty of the College of Agriculture, the Board of Trustees established the Department of Plant Pathology in that College on April 27, 1955. Prior to 1955 the College of Agriculture offered courses and research in plant pathology in the departments of Agronomy and Horticulture.1 On May 11, 1995, the Board of Trustees approved the renaming and reorganization of the College. It was renamed the College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences and several changes were made in the organization of departments and divisions.2 The Department of Plant Pathology was combined with the Department of Agronomy, except for soil scientists, to form the Department of Crop Sciences.3
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 48th Report, April 27, 1955, p. 325.
2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 68th Report, May 11, 1995, p. 277-8.
3. University of Illinois, Faculty and Student Senate, Urbana-Champaign Senate, meeting minutes, March 27, 1995, EP 94.33, p. 35.; SEE Crop Sciences, RG 8/6.