Papers of Ralph T. Fisher (1920- ), Professor of History (1958-88) and Director of the Russian and East European Center (1960-87), include the Center's minutes, memoranda, annual reports, grant proposals, grant applications, and related correspondence with US Office of Education, National Endowment for Humanities, UI President David D. Henry, Vice-President Eldon L. Johnson, Chancellors J.W. Peltason and John E. Cribbet; LAS Deans Lyle Lanier, J.W. Peltason, Robert Rogers, William Prokasy, and Jesse G. Delia; Office of International Programs and Studies and its Directors, Roydan Dangerfield, George K. Brinagar, and James R. Millar, and Provost Faulkner (1959-97). The papers also contain materials related to UIUC Slavic Library (1957-89), Summer Research Laboratory on Russia and Eastern Europe (1972-89), Slavic Reference Service (1976-87), Helsinki Project (1974-79), Chancellor's Committee on Program Evaluation (1973-74), Graduate College Research Board (1958-89), Graduate College Center for Advanced Study (1966-91), History Department (1957-98), NDFL Title VI Fellowships (1966-68), National Council for Soviet and East European Research (1978-86), Council on International Education Exchange (1967-86), Russian Review (1957-98), Slavic Review (1965-96), Yale University Press (1965-73), IREX (1970-76), Social Science Research Council (1961-84), US Military Academy (1957-75), UI Foundation (1958-96), and Duke Foundation (1960-83). The papers also include transcriptions of broadcasts of the Radio Liberation series "Our Youth" (1955-56) and 65 Soviet patriotic public service and propaganda posters (1954, 1956-58).