NOTE: All or part of the materials may not be immediately available for research. Please contact us for information about these materials.
Show Biographical Note
The College of Commerce and Business Administration was established on June 9, 1914[sup]1[/sup] and an acting dean was appointed on July 14, 1915.[sup]2[/sup] The first dean was appointed on August 15, 1919.[sup]3[/sup] The dean is appointed by the Board of Trustees biennially. His duties, as established by the Board of Trustees, include: preparing the budget, representing the college in all business with outside authorities, and coordinating the departments and the special offices of the college, such as the Executive Development Center, the Bureau of Economic and Business Research, and the Placement Office.[sup]4[/sup] In 2003, the name of the college was shortened to the College of Business.[sup]5[/sup]
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 27th Report, June 9, 1914, p. 763. (c.f. 28th Report, April 27, 1915, p. 244.)
2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 28th Report, July 14, 1915, p. 767.
3. Board of Trustees Transactions, 30th Report, August 15, 1919, p. 507.
4. University of Illinois Statutes, May 17, 1972, p. 12-14. The Placement Office first appears in the budget in the Board of Trustees Transactions, 41st Report, August 5, 1941, p. 495.
5. Board of Trustees Agenda Items, February 13, 2003.
Show Administrative Information
Material Type: Publications