President's House (3) | University of Illinois Archives

Title:
President's House (3)
Date:
C.A. 1931
Description:

The 14,000-square-foot Georgian Revival home is both a residence for the president and family as well as a receiving point for visiting dignitaries, alumni, community groups and supporters. It was designed by University of Illinois architect James M. White and New York architect Charles A. Platt. Completed in 1931 at a cost of nearly $225,000, the current President's House has served as the official residence for the head of the University of Illinois.

The building is located at 711 West Florida Avenue, Urbana, IL

Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at:

https://medusa.library.illinois.edu/cfs_files/54034827

Phys. Desc:
Digital File can be found in JP_2 and TIF
ID:
2630002_BUI_PresHouse_c1931
Repository:
University of Illinois Archives
Found in:
Creators:
Subjects:
Rights:

Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.

Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.



Page Generated in: 0.141 seconds (using 76 queries).
Using 6.81MB of memory. (Peak of 7.02MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign