Formed in 1948,1 the Bureau of Business Management is an extension service that helps small businessmen with management problems through publications, conferences, extension courses, library service, management counseling, and by making research studies. Until 1954, it was called the Business Management Service.2 Discontinued in 1976 and merged into Executive Development Center.3
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 44th Report, June 15, 1948, p. 1308.
2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 47th Report, July 25, 1953 and June 21, 1954, pp. 1019, 1524, 1739.
Description: Business Management Scrapbooks containing clippings from newspapers, magazines and periodicals relating to business education, management, courses, lectures, discussions and meetings and professional activities of Earl P. Strong, director, and faculty members. These are photographs of meetings involving faculty members from the College of Commerce and Business Administration. Most of the clippings are from Illinois dailies and Champaign-Urbana newspapers. The 1955-63 volume contains announcements of U. of Illinois appointments and pictures of business leaders. The 1948-49 volume has some quarterly reports of the Illinois Society of CPA's Bulletin. The 1949 volume has reports on conferences on dairy problems, a Real Estate Board conference, Chamber of Commerce meetings, insurance conferences and clinics and programs for effective business management.