In 1893, the duties associated with admissions, registration, and student records were transferred from the Regent to the newly formed Office of the Registrar.1 By 1916, according to the Annual Budget, the office consisted of four administrative divisions: Admissions, Records, Statistics and General Assistants. The Statistics Division merged with the Records Division in 1941, forming the Division of Records and Statistics.2 The Division of Records maintains student transcripts and tuition payment records, assesses fees and tuition, and issues certificates of attendance.3
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 17th Report, Sept. 12, 1893, p. 166.
2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 41st Report, Aug. 5, 1941, p. 460.
3. Information gained by visiting the Office of Admissions and Records September 14, 1977.