In 1893, the duties associated with admissions, registration, and student records were transferred from the Regent to the newly formed Office of the Registrar.1 By 1916, according to the Annual Budget, the office consisted of four administrative divisions: Admissions, Records, Statistics and General Assistants. The Statistics Division merged with the Records Division in 1941, forming the Division of Records and Statistics.2 The Division of Records maintains student transcripts and tuition payment records, assesses fees and tuition, and issues certificates of attendance.3
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 17th Report, Sept. 12, 1893, p. 166.
2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 41st Report, Aug. 5, 1941, p. 460.
3. Information gained by visiting the Office of Admissions and Records September 14, 1977.
Description: Duplicated copies of reports on the Geographical Distribution of Students, issued for each semester and summer session with summaries for the academic year, including tables of statistics on number of resident students per county, non-resident students by states and countries, distribution by rural and urban and distribution by cities. After 1950, these tables were appended to the Enrollment Tables (Series 25/3/810). After 1953, only the distribution tables of residents by county and non-residents by state and country were listed. Since 1960, both tables are published in the single series of Enrollment Tables.