Organized on June 5, 1873,1 the Alumni Association held decennial reunions in 18822 and 1892.3 It is a separate corporation promoting the interests of the University as an educational agency and maintaining contact with alumni of the University.4 It is managed by a Board of Directors elected by the regular members of the Association.5 The Association encourages activities of Illini Clubs, solicits alumni support for University activities and arranges class reunions and other functions. On March 11, 1965, the Board authorized a system of Associate Directors for each campus. In 1967 the word "Associate" was dropped from their titles and each is now known as a Campus Director.6
1. Franklin W. Scott, ed., The Semi-Centennial Record of the University of Illinois, University of Illinois, 1918, p. xxxv.
2. Ibid., p. xxxviii.
3. Ibid., p. xli.
4. Alumni Association Proceedings, 1873-1891, 1916-1920. RS 26/1/1, Box 1, p. 559.
5. Alumni Association Constitution, 1932, in Organizations, Elections, and Publications File, 1914- , RS 26/1/0/3 in University Archives.
6. Donald R. Dodds, University of Illinois Alumni Association, Campus Director, Urbana-Champaign.
Description: Records of the Alumni University Fund established in 1923 to induce and encourage alumni giving for the benefit of the University including correspondence, committee and financial reports, history, minutes of executive committee meetings and lists of board members.