College Libraries Section | The American Library Association Archives
In 1938, at the Kansas City American Library Association Conference the Association of College and Reference Libraries was created, among the five sections included was the College libraries section (1). Before the creation of ACRL the section of College Libraries was one of several committees which were informally associated with ACRL.
The stated function of the College Libraries Section is "to advance college librarianship and the development of library service in four year under-graduate institutions" (2).
Currently there are the following committees:
1) Advisory Council Steering
3) Conference Program Planning
7) Bylaws (ad hoc, finished by January 1989)
8) Historical Commission (ad hoc)
9) Real Income (ad hoc) (3)
10) National Advisory Council
1. ACRL Organizational Manual, 1956, p. 8.
2. ALA Handbook, 1988/1989, p. 60.
3. ALA Handbok, 1988/1989, p. 60.