College of Engineering Historical File (Digital Surrogates) | University of Illinois Archives
College of Engineering Historical File (Digital Surrogates and Born Digital Records), 1908-1996, includes a select portion of correspondence and related materials, reports, programs and brochures, and newsletters relating to the Engineering Open House, the renaming of the Engineering Research Laboratory as the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory (1996) and the Department of Aeronautical Engineering to the Department of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering (1961), the dedication of the William L. Everitt Laboratory (1987-1988), and speeches of Dean Daniel C. Drucker.
Additional digitized material is available upon request, including correspondence between Van Valkenburg and alumni from the Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (TAM) regarding the dissolution of the department.
Materials also include digital surrogates from four audiocassette tapes pertaining to a memorial symposium dedicated to Mac Van Valkenburg Dean of the College of Engineering (1984 -1988). Audio recordings highlight Van Valkenburg's primary contributions in the engineering education, main transformations in electrical engineering program as well as future expectations regarding engineering education. Audio recordings are available online here.
Administrative access to preservation, nearline, and access files are available to archives staff at: https://medusa.library.illinois.edu/collections/240