6th Street YMCA House | University of Illinois Archives
Featured is the temporary YMCA Student house on 6th Street. After the YMCA began renovating their Wright St. Home, the organization bounced around on campus to a few locations. Per a Daily Illinoi article of 1935, The YMCA first went to Univeristy Hall before relocating to the student health center on Green Street (formerly the president's house). They then moved to the location in the image at the intersection of Chalmers St. and 6th St. before returning to Wright St.
Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at:
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.