Military Regiment Parade for Interscholastic Vistors | University of Illinois Archives
The University of Illinois' military regiment on campus displays a parade for students and visitors from across the United States in May 1913. Under the leadership and organization of Major B.C. Morse, the military display was held on Illinois field as a display of military skills.
Distinct from, yet related to, the annual military day display, this showing was intended for "those that wished to see the order and character of the Illinois regiment" (1914 Illio)
Featured in the background are the men's and women's gymnasiums, often known as the "North gymnasiums". The former Illinois Field where the parade occurred is the now current location of the North Engineering quad, and occupied the space Talbot Hall now occupies.
Due to the volatile nature of Nitrate Film, digital file can be found at: https://medusa.library.illinois.edu/cfs_files/50295008
Copyright Bernard A. Strauch.
Copyright of this image is NOT owned by the University of Illinois and the image is provided here for personal use only. Any other use of this image is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the copyright holder. Please contact us for more information.