Administrative Publications, 1971, 1985-
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Administrative publications, including an annual report (1971, 1989), Cutters' Research Journal (1988-89), a 1969-92 guest artist list (1992), production calendars (1985-96), promotional mailings (ca. 1988), ticket information, (1986, 1991), 20th anniversary clippings (1989), and Outreach Activities (ca. Nov. 1995).
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 12/12/806
Created by: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
Volume: 0.6 cubic feet
Acquired: 9/89; 2/96
Arrangement: By type of material
Biographical Note for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Krannert Center for the Performing Arts :

Established in 1962 as a gift from Mr. and Mrs. Herman Krannert of Indianapolis, the center is a unit of the College of Fine and Applied Arts. It was created to provide "a central facility where academic training and public performance could be carried out under the best conditions."1 The center, designed by architect Max Abramovitz, '29, houses in one structure a music auditorium, a music theatre, a drama theatre, an experimental theatre, an outdoor theatre, offices, rehearsal rooms, dressing rooms and parking.2 Construction on the center began on August 1, 1966 and the dedication festival was held April 19-May 18, 1969.3

1. The Story and Facts About the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, p. 1.

2. Trustees Reports, 53rd Report, September 16, 1964, p. 99.

3. The Story and Facts About the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, pp. 4-5.

Subject Index
Concerts
Dance
Drama
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
Symphony Orchestras
Visitors
Languages of Materials
English [eng]