Dairy Herd Improvement Association Summaries and Records, 1925-
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description:

Printed annual Summaries of Illinois Dairy Herd Improvement Associations, including the reports of dairy herd testers and form production records of cooperators in the DHIA projects; lists of the local associations, a history of the state association and the number of herds in the project.

The series includes IDHA records, minutes of meetings and bylaws.

Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 8/8/810
Created by: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Department of Dairy Science
Volume: 0.4 cubic feet
Acquired: 9/63
Arrangement: Chronological
Biographical Note for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Department of Dairy Science :

The establishment of a dairy at the University of Illinois was first recommended in 1876 in the Head Farmer's report.1 In 1902, Dairy Husbandry was recognized as an independent department under the College of Agriculture.2 The Department of Dairy Husbandry became the Department of Dairy Production in 1947.3 In 1949, the name of the Department was changed again and became the Dairy Science Department.4 In 1985, the department merged into the Animal Science Department.

1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 8th Report, September 13, 1876, p. 202.

2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 22nd Report, October 25, 1902, p. 24.

3. Board of Trustees Transactions, 44th Report, October 30, 1947, p. 885.

4. Board of Trustees Transactions, 45th Report, April 21, 1949, p. 332.

Subject Index
Dairy Herd Improvement Association
Milk Production
Languages of Materials
English [eng]