Bulletins, Newsletters and the Illini News, 1936-
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Bulletins, Newsletters and Newspapers containing the University of Illinois Bulletin Foundation Number (1936-37), Illini News (1937-38), Foundation Newsletter (1963-64), Quarterly Financial Planner (1973-74), Endowment Digest (1976), Council (1985-87),  and Investing in Illinois (1994-98).
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 32/1/807
Created by: University of Illinois Foundation
Volume: 0.3 cubic feet
Acquired: 9/1963
Arrangement: Chronologically by type
Biographical Note for University of Illinois Foundation :

Established in 1935,1 the University of Illinois Foundation is a separate, non-profit corporation established to handle trusts, receive gifts and bequests, license patents and render other services to the University. It is managed by a Board of Directors. It acts as financial agent of the University in borrowing money for buildings and other major improvements.2 It has a service agreement with University Patents, Incorporated, which works out licensing arrangements with industrial firms for marketing faculty inventions which have been patented. The Foundation then invests the income in basic research.3

1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 38th Report, October 23, 1936, p. 442.

2. Ibid., pp. 442-43.

3. Gene Vance, University of Illinois Foundation, Director, Champaign-Urbana Campus.

Subject Index
Foundation, University of Illinois
Newsletters
Languages of Materials
English [eng]