Krannert Scrapbooks, 1961-69
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Krannert scrapbooks including a May 20, 1961 presentation scrapbook given to Herman C. Krannert by the Foundation at the dedication of the Krannert Art Museum and containing 14 photographs of the museum; and a scrapbook containing newspaper clippings, programs and posters relating to the opening of the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts (Feb.-June 1969).
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 32/1/12
Created by: University of Illinois Foundation
Volume: 1.0 cubic feet
Acquired: 11/25/1986
More information is available at https://files.archon.library.illinois.edu/uasfa/3201012.pdf
Arrangement: Chronological
Biographical Note for University of Illinois Foundation :

Established in 1935,1 the University of Illinois Foundation is a separate, non-profit corporation established to handle trusts, receive gifts and bequests, license patents and render other services to the University. It is managed by a Board of Directors. It acts as financial agent of the University in borrowing money for buildings and other major improvements.2 It has a service agreement with University Patents, Incorporated, which works out licensing arrangements with industrial firms for marketing faculty inventions which have been patented. The Foundation then invests the income in basic research.3

1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 38th Report, October 23, 1936, p. 442.

2. Ibid., pp. 442-43.

3. Gene Vance, University of Illinois Foundation, Director, Champaign-Urbana Campus.

Subject Index
Krannert Art Museum
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
Genres/Forms of Material
Papers
Languages of Materials
English [eng]