Property Acquisition File, 1956-85
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Property Acquisition File including copies of sale and purchase agreements, leases and correspondence relating to properties acquired by the Foundation for lease or sale to the University in connection with the construction of the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, other buildings and parking lots.
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 32/1/11
Created by: University of Illinois Foundation
Volume: 4.4 cubic feet
Acquired: 9/19/77;5/19/83;11/92
More information is available at https://files.archon.library.illinois.edu/uasfa/3201011.pdf
Arrangement: Alphabetical by name of owner
Biographical Note for University of Illinois Foundation :

Established in 1935,1 the University of Illinois Foundation is a separate, non-profit corporation established to handle trusts, receive gifts and bequests, license patents and render other services to the University. It is managed by a Board of Directors. It acts as financial agent of the University in borrowing money for buildings and other major improvements.2 It has a service agreement with University Patents, Incorporated, which works out licensing arrangements with industrial firms for marketing faculty inventions which have been patented. The Foundation then invests the income in basic research.3

1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 38th Report, October 23, 1936, p. 442.

2. Ibid., pp. 442-43.

3. Gene Vance, University of Illinois Foundation, Director, Champaign-Urbana Campus.

Subject Index
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
Parking
Genres/Forms of Material
Papers
Languages of Materials
English [eng]