Campus Master Plan Reports, 1905, 1927, 1960, 1970-85, 1986-2007
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Campus Master Plan Reports include executive summaries, detailed planning reports, posters and measured drawings, and camera-ready artwork, regarding the historical development and proposed building and landscaping plans for the Urbana-Champaign campus. Items include C.H. Blackall's "Proposed Arrangement of a Grounds" (1905), Charles Platt's and James White's "Plan for the Development of the Campus" (1927), Richardson, Severns, Scheeler and Associates "Ten Year Development Plan" (1960), the "Provisional Long-Range Campus Planning Report" (1970), Sasaki Associates "North, South, and Central Campus Master Plans" (1986, 1986, 1989), promotional material for the Campustown 2000 Revitalization Plan, "South [Farms] Campus Master Plan," (1990, 1999), "Master Plan & Building Design, South Center of the Research Park" (2000), Campus Master Plan Update (2007).
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 37/1/810
Created by: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Facilities and Services
Volume: 0.8 cubic feet
Acquired: 2/4/1988; 4/90; 6/95
Arrangement: By type of material and chronological thereunder
Biographical Note for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Facilities and Services : In 1868, a Board of Trustees committee of five members was given the responsibility for buildings and grounds.1 In 1897,2 this standing committee was reduced to four members. In the following year, the position of superintendent of buildings and grounds was established by this committee.3 In 1901, the University established positions of superintendents of Buildings, Grounds and Utilities.4 In 1907, the superintendents were placed in the office of the supervising architect,5 which became the physical plant department on May 22, 1934.6 In 1967, the director was made University Director of Physical Plant Planning and construction.7 In September, 1972, the office was renamed the University Office for Capital Programs.8 As part of campus reorganization, the Facilities and Services Division was created in 2003. The director of this office is responsible for Physical Plant planning; planning and construction of new buildings and additions to existing buildings; landscape and site development related to these projects; and land acquisition (excluding the airport, Robert Allerton Park, experimental farms, and properties maintained by the Athletic Association), in addition to the coordination of other campus services.9
Subject Index
Architectural Design
Building Plans
Campus Architecture
Campus Planning
Campustown
Languages of Materials
English [eng]