Historic Building Documentation and Photographs, 1968, 1987, 1989-2005
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Historic Building Documentation and Photographs includes photographs, written historical and descriptive data, and measured drawings completed by the Office of Project Planning and Facilities Management for campus buildings and properties (including Aeronomy Laboratory, Aeronautical Lab B, Botany Annex, Electrical Engineering Annex, Electrical Engineering Research Lab, Filtration Plant, North (President's) Greenhouse, Woodshop/Foundry Lab, and Animal Husbandry Swine Barn, Sheep Barn, Cattle Feeding Barn, Feed Storage Plant, and Scale House) demolished after 1992. Also includes reports, photographs and Illinois Historic American Engineering Records for Allerton Park and Farms; Huff Hall; the Ornamental Horticulture (Floriculture) Building; and Vegatable Crops Building; south farm photos (1992); a measured drawing of Davenport House (1989); Historic Buildings Maps (1968); National Register Nominations for the Main Library and Charles Platt buildings (1998); Public Service Archaeological Programs photographs of the Imported Swine Research Lab and other shed and barns on the South Farms; and window replacement assessment (2009)
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 24/5/17
Created by: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Office of Facility Planning and Management
Volume: 3.3 cubic feet
Acquired: 6/10/1987; 5/23/1996; 6/4/1999; 12/14/2000; 7/16/2002
More information is available at https://files.archon.library.illinois.edu/uasfa/2405017.pdf
Arrangement: Alphabetical to 1998 then chronological by date of completion
Biographical Note for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Office of Facility Planning and Management :

Established in 1957 as the Central Office on the Use of Space, and responsible at that time to the Executive Vice-President and Provost, the Office of Space Utilization received its present name December 1, 1967.1 The responsibility of additional duties and the establishment of the Chancellor system necessitated the division of the Central Office on the Use of Space into the Office of Space Utilization and the Office of Space Programming. The change in names took place within the Central Office and the Board of Trustees never granted official approval.2

The Director of the Office of Space Utilization is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs. In practice, the Office of Space Utilization is closely associated with both the Vice-Chancellor for Administrative Affairs and the Vice-Chancellor for Campus Affairs. The Director oversees the total operation of the Office which includes: the Space Inventory and Remodeling Section; the Space Planning and Projection Section; the Timetable Section; and the Reservation Section.3

1. Interview with William E. Stallman, Director of the Office of Space Utilization, February 13, 1976.

2. Ibid.

3. The Office of Space Utilization, office notes.

Subject Index
Allerton Park
Allerton Trust Farms
Historic Buildings
Genres/Forms of Material
Papers
Languages of Materials
English [eng]