Alumni University Fund Record, 1923-26
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Records of the Alumni University Fund established in 1923 to induce and encourage alumni giving for the benefit of the University including correspondence, committee and financial reports, history, minutes of executive committee meetings and lists of board members.
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 26/1/13
Created by: Alumni Association
Volume: 0.1 cubic feet
Acquired: 2/27/1975
Arrangement: Chronological
Biographical Note for Alumni Association :

Organized on June 5, 1873,1 the Alumni Association held decennial reunions in 18822 and 1892.3 It is a separate corporation promoting the interests of the University as an educational agency and maintaining contact with alumni of the University.4 It is managed by a Board of Directors elected by the regular members of the Association.5 The Association encourages activities of Illini Clubs, solicits alumni support for University activities and arranges class reunions and other functions. On March 11, 1965, the Board authorized a system of Associate Directors for each campus. In 1967 the word "Associate" was dropped from their titles and each is now known as a Campus Director.6

1. Franklin W. Scott, ed., The Semi-Centennial Record of the University of Illinois, University of Illinois, 1918, p. xxxv.

2. Ibid., p. xxxviii.

3. Ibid., p. xli.

4. Alumni Association Proceedings, 1873-1891, 1916-1920. RS 26/1/1, Box 1, p. 559.

5. Alumni Association Constitution, 1932, in Organizations, Elections, and Publications File, 1914- , RS 26/1/0/3 in University Archives.

6. Donald R. Dodds, University of Illinois Alumni Association, Campus Director, Urbana-Champaign.

Subject Index
Alumni Funds
Genres/Forms of Material
Papers
Languages of Materials
English [eng]