Institute of Aviation Photographic File, 1915-2014
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Photographic File including photographs and slides concerning airports; aviation; training; administration; research; awards and aircraft.
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 20/1/6
Created by: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Institute of Aviation
Volume: 9.0 cubic feet
Acquired: 03/02/2018.
More information is available at https://files.archon.library.illinois.edu/uasfa/2001006.pdf
Arrangement: ad hoc
Biographical Note for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Institute of Aviation :

Established as the Institute of Aeronautics in 1945,1 the Institute of Aviation is responsible for fostering and correlating education and research activities related to aviation in all parts of the University.2 The Director administers the Institute and the University Airport.3 Opened in 1945, the University-Willard Airport provides commercial service, research and education facilities and private service.4

1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 43rd Report, February 24, 1945, p. 376-80.

2. University of Illinois Statutes, June, 1958, p. 28.

3. University of Illinois Statutes, June, 1958, p. 28.

4. Board of Trustees Transactions, 43rd Report, February 24, 1945, p. 376-80.

Subject Index
Airport
Aviation, Institute of
Photographs
Pilot Training